Saturday, September 20, 2008

At last the weekend

I'm not sure why the weekend is better than the weekday but I feel like I have more time on the weekend. Even though I'm probably busier on the weekend.

Started to bake for the Sunday covered dish at the church, don't know why but when I bake to take something somewhere it never turns out. UG

My husband is mowing now, every time he comes in he sees me sitting down, I don't think he thinks I do anything. He takes lots of breaks, but he says he works harder than I do. He says when he works he sweats. I told him I sweat too when I work around here, he just looked at me in disbelief. Men, can't live with them and their moms don't want them back. Only kidding, I think. HA

A few years back just after Christmas, I found a big stuffed Old English Sheepdog. Really cheap, the same size as a live one. Well I was cleaning the spare bedroom and there was Olivia. So , I put her is the dryer on just air(I read somewhere that is what you are supposed to do with stuffed animals to make them fresh again)Well when she was through, I put her on the couch. When my husband came home home , he about had a heart attack, he thought she was real and I had bought one. I just laughed at him, then I looked at her from the side. Her fur was standing straight up, she did look like a real one.

I never thought I would miss not having a dog around. I guess I haven't been without one to love in a very long time. There are times that I can almost see Olivia coming up the hallway. Weird I know, but sure miss having her on my lap.

Forgot to sit my cream cheese out so I have a little more time before I frost the orange brownie like thing. Sure hope it tastes good. Other wise I will tell everyone that my husband made it. He will get a kick out of it.

May Heavenly Father pour out his blessings on you and your family! Char

1 comment:

bec said...

would have loved to have seen his face when he walked into the stuffed Olivia!!!!! And your food always turns out GREAT! B